Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems

Financial Assistance

Clean Water State Revolving Fund (SRF):

OWTS Policy Section 14.0 states that local agencies may apply to the State Water Board for funds from the Clean Water SRF for use in mini-loan programs. Local agencies are also responsible for administering SRF mini-loans. To date, no local agency has established a mini-loan program.

Guidance on Finding Funding for Public and Private Sanitary Wastewater Systems

This webpage includes guidance on potential funding sources for sanitary wastewater system projects, including private sanitary systems (e.g., individual septic and sewer systems serving a residence or dwelling unit).  

United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development:

The USDA Section 504 Home Repair Program provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes or grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.