Water Quality Control Policy for Siting, Design, Operation and Maintenance of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS Policy)
Online ResourcesUS Environmental Protection Agency Resources:
- http://water.epa.gov/infrastructure/septic/ - Tools and resources for the public
- http://water.epa.gov/infrastructure/septic/septicsmart.cfm - Septic Smart, “learn the ins and outs of your septic system.”
- http://water.epa.gov/scitech/wastetech/upload/septic_guidelines.pdf - Guidelines for Management of Onsite Systems
- http://www.epa.gov/region09/water/groundwater/index.html - Ground Water information
- http://www.epa.gov/region09/water/groundwater/injection-wells-register.html - Injection Wells Registration
- http://water.epa.gov/infrastructure/septic/Decentralized-MOU-Partnership-Products.cfm - Decentralized MOU Partnership Papers with Septic Quick Links
- http://www.nesc.wvu.edu/subpages/septic.cfm - Care and maintenance of septic tank systems
National Organization for Onsite Wastewater Recycling
- http://www.nowra.org/ - Tools and resources for the public.
- http://www.nsf.org/consumer/wastewater_treatment_systems/wastewater_septic.asp?program=WastewaterTreSys - Tools and resources for the public.
- http://www.cowa.org/ - “environmentally and economically sound onsite wastewater technology and management practices.”
- Appendix K - Information regarding private sewage disposal systems.
- http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Tires/TDA/default.htm - Information regarding tire-derived aggregate.