County-wide and Regional Funding Programs
As low water levels and restricted access to water become ever more prevalent, counties and water purveyors are finding different and innovative ways to respond to continued drought and changing water quality conditions. This course is intended to provide an overview of funding and resources available for counties to implement programs to address water quality and drought impacts to state small water systems and domestic well users within their jurisdiction. Join us to learn about how these new approaches, programs and funding available to respond to persistent drought conditions throughout California.
Participants will learn:
- Insight into programs that are currently being implemented
- How to apply for funding and assistance
- Where to go for more information
The target audience is county staff/representatives and non-governmental organizations that could apply to implement a program on their behalf.
Applying for Funding for a County-wide and Regional Program
How to Apply
Applications are submitted using the Financial Assistance Application Submittal Tool (FAAST). The solicitation in FAAST consists of multiple tabs with text boxes, pull down menus, and multiple-choice selections. Applicants will also provide additional information by uploading documents on the Attachments tab.
Eligible applicants should follow the steps below to submit a proposal:
- Review the County-wide and Regional Funding Program Application and Funding Process Overview. This document provides a detailed overview of the funding available, how to apply, and the grant agreement process.
- Navigate to FAAST website
- Create user account (if this is the first time using FAAST)
- Log on by entering your username and password
- Click on Start a New Application
- Read and check boxes for the System Disclosures
- Select appropriate applicant organization
- Choose County-wide/Regional Funding Solicitation from the drop down
- Fill out the requested information on each tab
- Click on the Attachments tab and upload the attachments as appropriate. Please note completed attachments are not required for initial submission, however, they will be required before funding approval can be issued.
- Submit application
If you need assistance with the FAAST tool, please contact the FAAST Help Desk between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, at 1-866-434-1083 or FAAST_ADMIN@waterboards.ca.gov. All emails should include the subject line "County-wide/Regional Funding Solicitation" and the FAAST Proposal Identification Number (PIN) if known.
- County-wide and Regional Funding Program Application and Funding Process Overview
- Attachment 1: Background and Proposal
- Attachment 2: SAFER Budget Template
- Attachment 3: Templates and General Compliance Documentation
For general questions related to this solicitation or for assistance in developing an application, please contact us at:
Phone: (916) 319-9066