How to Apply
- For emergency assistance: Contact your county office of emergency services
- For short-term/emergency projects (see examples below): Complete the Urgent Drinking Water Needs Application and submit to DFA-CAA@waterboards.ca.gov (assistance is available upon request)
- For long-term/resiliency projects (see examples below): Complete the funding application online via the Financial Assistance Application Submittal Tool (FAAST).
For small communities, select the Request for Proposal (RFP) titled "Small Community Funding Program, Pre-Application". All other drinking water systems can apply directly to the RFP titled “Drinking Water State Revolving Fund” (either planning or construction). For water recycling projects, use the "Water Recycling Funding Program" RFP.
Short-term solutions (mostly emergency repairs and drinking water delivery)
- Bottled water delivery
- Hauled water delivery (tanks)
- Well repairs
- Emergency interties
- Well rehabilitation or replacement
- Necessary rented or borrowed equipment
- New wells
- Extension of service
- Regional consolidation
- Treatment systems
- Distribution system improvements
- New tanks
- Emergency generators
- Water recycling projects
Organizations and entities interested in funding drinking water programs for schools may apply directly through technical assistance providers. Find more information here.