Financial Assistance Programs - Grants and Loans
OTHER FUNDING SOURCES
Citizen Monitoring Program & Related Funding Sources - The State Water Resources Control Board's Citizen Monitoring Program keeps listings of California based (or including) funding sources of all types, including private foundations and corporations, along with contact information, grant project examples, and other pertinent information for funding volunteer (citizen) monitoring projects and related California watershed restoration efforts.
Department of Water Resources - The California Department of Water Resources (DWR) administers grant and loan funding associated with legislation and several general obligation bond laws.
Rural Utilities Service - Water and Environmental Programs (WEP) provides loans, grants and loan guarantees for drinking water, sanitary sewer, solid waste and storm drainage facilities in rural areas and cities and towns of 10,000 or less. Public bodies, non-profit organizations and recognized Indian tribes may qualify for assistance. WEP also makes grants to nonprofit organizations to provide technical assistance and training to assist rural communities with their water, wastewater, and solid waste problems.
US Department of Agriculture - Rural Development - Financial programs support such essential public facilities and services as water and sewer systems, housing, health clinics, emergency service facilities and electric and telephone service. Promotes economic development by supporting loans to businesses through banks and community-managed lending pools. Offers technical assistance and information to help agricultural and other cooperatives get started and improve the effectiveness of their member services. Provides technical assistance to help communities undertake community empowerment programs.
US Fish and Wildlife Service - Grants for states and territories, offered through the Cooperative Endangered Species Conservation Fund (authorized under section 6 of the ESA) fund participation in a wide array of voluntary conservation projects for candidate, proposed and listed species. These funds may in turn be awarded to private landowners and groups for conservation projects.
Environmental Grantmaking Foundations (directory) - The Environmental Grantmaking Foundations directory is a comprehensive list of foundations that support environmental activities and programs. These foundations primarily give grants to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
Conservation Fund - Watershed Action Grants aid nonprofit organizations implement conservation plans to protect watersheds, improve water quality and promote watershed stewardship. Specific watersheds are targeted in Pennsylvania and New Jersey for grant awards during this 2003 grant cycle. The 2003 grants will be awarded this fall.
Subscribe to our Email Lists
- US Economic Development Administration Grant Opportunities for Federally Declared Disaster Areas in 2017
- Environmental Section
- Mobile Application Project Status Report for public access (AppSTAT)
- Five Star and Urban Waters Restoration Grant Program
- California Indian Tribal Relations
- CW/DW Capacity Development Strategy
- Davis-Bacon Act Compliance
- Disqualified Businesses and Persons
- Division of Financial Assistance - Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- Division of Water Rights - Water Use Reporting
- FAAST - Online Financial Assistance Application Submittal Tool
- Office of Sustainable Water Solutions
- Other State and Federal Agencies Funding Sources
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA)
- Wastewater User Charge Survey Reports
- Water Environment Federation
- More Useful Links
- California Financing Coordinating Committee
- SRF Environmental Review Requirements
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
- Funding for California Native American Tribes