Water Recycling Funding Program (WRFP)
The mission of the Water Recycling Funding Program (WRFP) is to promote the beneficial use of treated municipal wastewater (water recycling) in order to augment fresh water supplies in California by providing technical and financial assistance to agencies and other stakeholders in support of water recycling projects and research.
Our vision is to achieve maximum reuse of treated municipal wastewater for beneficial uses in California.
The purpose of the WRFP is to promote water recycling by providing technical and financial assistance to local agencies and other stakeholders in support of water recycling projects and research. The WRFP functions through a number of core activities and supporting activities.
In January 2007, the State Water Board approved the Strategic Plan for calendar years 2007 and 2008 for the WRFP. The Plan establishes a strategic goal, sets program objectives, and identifies specific measures and targets for tracking program performance.
- Water Recycling Funding Program Guidelines Amended October 16, 2019
- 2019 California Financing Coordinating Committee
- Water Recycling Projects Receiving 1% Financing Commitment Through the Clean Water State Revolving Fund
- Water Recycling Funding
- Pilot Project Grant Funding
- Water Code §5103 - Diversion Reporting Requirements Regulation Affecting Eligibility for Grants and Loans effective January 1, 2012
- 2015 Municipal Wastewater Recycling Survey Results
- AB 2572 - Urban Water Supplier Water Metering Requirements Regulation Affecting Eligibility for Grants and Loans Effective January 1, 2001
- AB 1420 - Regulation Affecting Eligibility for Water Management Grants and Loans Effective January 1, 2009.
- Funding dispersed to recipients since program inception
- Environmental requirements for State Revolving Fund Loan and Grant applicants.
- Water rights requirements for State Revolving Fund Loan and Grant applicants.
Questions or Comments?
Senior Water Resources Control Engineer
Division of Financial Assistance
Water Recycling Funding Program
State Water Resources Control Board
P.O. Box 944212
Sacramento, CA 94244-2120