The following is a list of updates that have been made to the Portal as of 02/8/2019:
- Posted a current summary of water system's exceedance/compliance status (Excel file) in the Compliance Status tab
- Posted detailed exceedance/compliance issues data (Excel files) in the Water Data tab
- 1,2,3 TCP violations are now included in the datasets. Because of this, the number of water systems out of compliance has increased significantly
- Beginning on January 1, 2019, data on the spreadsheets listed above will be updated every two months
Information Relating to Human Right to Water
- Press Release
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Drinking Water Watch – Safe Drinking Water Information System (SDWIS) Data
- My Water Quality – Water Monitoring Council
- Water System Success Stories
- Human Right to Water in the News
- Reports and Publications
- AB 401 Report (draft): Options for Implementation of Statewide Low-Income Water Rate Assistance Program
- OEHHA Report (draft): Framework and Tool for Evaluating California’s Progress in Achieving the Human Right to Water
- Division of Drinking Water Reports and Publications
- United Nations Work on the Human Right to Water Work and Sanitation
- Assessing Water Affordability - A Pilot Study in Two Regions of California
- The Human Right to Water Bill in California by UC Berkeley Law School
- Other References
Public Water System Compliance Status
Click on photo on the left to enlarge.
Drinking Water Map Information
- Exceedance/Compliance Status of Public Water Systems
(estimated completion 2018)
(coming in 2018)
Water System Drinking Water Data
- Data Disclosure
- Exceedance/Compliance Status of Public Water Systems (PWSs) Data (Excel Files)
- Download GIS Map Shapefile
- Chromium-6 Drinking Water MCL Information
- Affordable Data (Excel file) (estimated completion 2018)
- Accessible Data (Excel file) (coming in 2018)
- 2019-2021 Statewide Needs Assessment
Funding Resources for Drinking Water Projects
- Division of Financial Assistance (DFA) Application Status Search
- The application status tool allows users to search the status of drinking water and clean water applications that have been submitted for funding consideration and are under review. Applicants who have received a funding agreement are not on this report.
- Drinking Water Application Status Report
- DFA assists public water systems in financing the cost of drinking water infrastructure projects needed to achieve or maintain compliance with Safe Drinking Water Act requirements.
- Proposition 1 Funded Drinking Water Projects (Map)
- Proposition 1 Technical Assistance (TA) Funding Program
- The Proposition 1 (Prop 1) TA Program is available to help small (less than 10,000 people) disadvantaged communities develop, fund, and implement Prop 1 eligible drinking water, wastewater, storm water, or groundwater capital projects. In addition to Prop 1 TA, DFA also manages the DWSRF set-aside funding for training and non-capital project development such as, compliance audits, rate studies, and income surveys to small public water systems.
- List of Water Systems Receiving Interim Bottled Water/POU
- Coming soon.
- Central Coast Regional Water Board Domestic Well Testing Project
- The Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board is providing free water quality testing for residents that get their drinking water from domestic wells to inform them about potential health risks associated with nitrate contamination and other harmful chemicals that may be present in their drinking water.
Disclaimer: The contents of external Websites and/or documents displayed here do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the State Water Resources Control Board, nor does mention of trade names or commercial products constitute any endorsement or recommendation for use. The State Water Resources Control Board is not responsible for the updating or maintenance of any listed external Websites. Please check with the appropriate organization for any changes.
Phone: (916) 449-5158