Caltrans Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program
- July 9, 2021 - Recorded Webcast: Workshop for the draft State Statewide Municipal Stormwater Permit and draft Time Schedule Order for the California Department of Transportation
- Public Notice of draft Statewide Municipal Stormwater Permit and draft Time Schedule Order for the California Department of Transportation, public comments, virtual public workshop, and public hearing.
Draft Statewide Municipal Stormwater Permit and Draft Time Schedule Order for the California Department of Transportation:
- Draft Order
- Draft Attachment A – Fact Sheet
- Draft Attachment B – Acronyms, Abbreviations, and Definitions
- Draft Attachment C – Stormwater Management Plan and Areas of Special Biological Significance Requirements
- Draft Attachment D – Total Maximum Daily Load Implementation Requirements
- Draft Attachment E – Trash Implementation Requirements
- Draft Attachment F – Monitoring Requirements and Monitoring Reporting
- Draft Attachment G – Summary of Reporting and Notification Requirements
- Draft Time Schedule Order
- Guide to SMARTS Database for Accessing Caltrans MS4 Permit Reports
- WATER CODE 13383 Order for Caltrans to Submit Method to Comply with Statewide Trash Provisions
Clean Water Starts with Clean Highways
The goal of the California Department of Transportation's (Caltrans) Protect Every Drop campaign is to educate Californians about the sources and pathways of storm water pollution and to change behaviors of the public to reduce storm water pollution in and around the State highway system. Caltrans' objective is to encourage motorists to practice the following correct behaviors to prevent storm water pollution and protect water quality: wipe off brake dust build-up on rims and wheels, keep vehicles clean to prevent residue from washing off, reduce fluid leaks with regular vehicle maintenance, properly dispose of trash and recycling, tarp and secure trash, vegetation and other loads, keep tires properly inflated to prevent wear, and avoid pesticides and fertilizers when rain is forecast.
Caltrans Statewide NDPES Separate Storm Sewer System Permit
Subscribe to our Email Lists
- Subscribe to our "Storm Water Construction Permitting Issues" list under the "Water Quality" section.