Report 6 and U.S. EPA Compliance Measures
In July 2015, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) revised the federal underground storage tank (UST) regulations. In conjunction, UST compliance performance measures were also revised to reflect the regulation changes. States are required to report using the new compliance performance measures once the state has adopted regulations at least as stringent as the federal regulations. California’s reconciled UST regulations became effective on October 1, 2018.
The U.S. EPA Technical Compliance Rate (TCR) performance measures will be submitted by the Unified Program Agencies (UPAs) to the State Water Resources Control Board on a semiannual basis as part of the Report 6. Reporting periods are January 1 through June 30 and July 1 through December 31. UPAs must submit Report 6 to the State Water Board by March 1 and September 1 for the most recently completed reporting period.
The Report 6 document, instructions, webinar presentation and more below:
- Local Guidance (LG) 164-3 - Reporting of Technical Compliance Rate
- Semi-annual Underground Storage Tank Program Report Form (Word)
- Instructions for Completing Report 6, Semi-annual UST Program Report (PDF)
- Report 6 Webinar Presentation
- U.S. EPA Technical Compliance Rate Performance Measures
- Webinar announcement (07/09/18)
Questions or comments?
Please email Tom Henderson or phone (916) 319-9128.