Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Project No. 12496
Project Name: Lassen Lodge Hydroelectric Project
Located on Upper South Fork Battle Creek
(Photo provided by State Water Board staff)
(Click photo to enlarge)
License Expiration Date: Not Applicable - Original License
Water Quality Certification Status: Issued November 13, 2020
Waterbodies: South fork Battle Creek and Associated Tributaries
Rugraw, LLC proposes to construct the Lassen Lodge Hydroelectric Project (Project) on the upper South Fork of Battle Creek, in Tehama County. The proposed Project will be located on the western slopes of the Cascade Range approximately 1.5 miles west of the town of Mineral, an unincorporated community in Tehama County. The proposed Project will be a run-of-the-river facility that will have a generating capacity of five megawatts. The sole purpose of the Project is hydropower generation.
Most proposed Project elements will be located on the south side of the South Fork of Battle Creek. Facilities include: a diversion dam, intake structure, flow control/fish screen structure, pipeline and penstock, transition structure, powerhouse, substation, station service line, transmission line, switchyard, and multipurpose areas.
Historically, stream flow in the proposed Project area was diverted into a ditch for lumber conveyance using the natural gradient. It is anticipated that the flow control/fish screen structure will use a segment of the historic ditch.
The Project proposes to take stream water through a penstock located approximately 0.7 miles above Angel Falls, run it through a Pelton wheel turbine and then return the water to the river 2.4 miles downstream above Panther Grade. For reference, Panther Grade is 1.7 miles upstream of the Battle Creek Salmon and Steelhead Restoration Project site.
Water Quality Certification
- Water Quality Certification – November 13, 2020
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Final Environmental Impact Report – November 13, 2020
- Draft Environmental Impact Report – September 24, 2020
- Notice of Availability – September 24, 2020
- Notice of Preparation and Notice of Completion - February 10, 2015
- Scoping Meeting Comment Letters
- Joint Scoping Meeting Presentation - November 5, 2014
- Notice of Scoping Meeting - October 6, 2014
Other Related Documents:
- Rugraw, LLC Supplemental Information In Response To Agency Comments on Final License ApplicationPDF Download (9.77MB) - September 11, 2014
- Lassen Lodge Hydroelectric Project Description - Final License Application Exhibit APDF Download - April 21, 2014
- State Water Board Additional Study RequestPDF Download - August 1, 2014
- Signed State Water Board Lead Agency Agreement with Tehama CountyPDF Download - July 2, 2014
- State Water Board Comments on Final License Application and Additional Study RequestPDF Download - June 19, 2014
- Public Notice of Application FiledPDF Download - Received May 20, 2014