California Water Boards' Annual Performance Report - Fiscal Year 2019-20
- Data Source: CIWQS. Period July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 .
- Unit of Measure: Number of regulated dairies and other confined animal facilities under the NPDES and WDR programs (including waivers of WDRs).
- References: SWRCB CAFO program site
Region 1 Dairy and CAFO program
Region 5 CAFO program
Region 8 Dairy program
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Final CAFO Rule
- Confined Animal Facility) is defined in California regulations as "any place where cattle, calves, sheep, swine, horses, mules, goats, fowl, or other domestic animals are corralled, penned, tethered, or otherwise enclosed or held and where feeding is by means other than grazing."
- An establishment for processing or selling milk and milk products.