The Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) is a multidisciplinary committee appointed by Division of Drinking Water management to . provide constructive scientific advice and feedback to ELAP and the California regulatory agencies who use laboratory data to make decisions to protect the state’s environmental and public health.
Method Development Request from Central Valley Regional Board
The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board’s Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program is soliciting laboratories to develop and validate new or alternative methods for the detection of imidacloprid in whole water (unfiltered) samples from surface waters and wastewater effluent. The program requested feedback from ELTAC in developing the request letter which identifies specific requirements that the laboratory’s modified or developed method must meet as part of the validation package.
Laboratories interested in participating should review the request letter and reach out to the listed contacts for further information. Note that validation packages submitted by 24 December 2021 will be given priority for review and approval.
Method Detection Limits
- Proposed Framework for State Agency Requests to ELAP for New Analytical Methods and Lowered Reporting Limits
Subcommittee on Quality Management System (12/20/18)
- Subcommittee Procedural Process
- Meeting Notice, Agenda, and Meeting Notes – January 28, 2019
- Meeting Notice, Agenda and Meeting Notes – February 11, 2019
- Meeting Notice, Agenda, and Meeting Notes – February 25, 2019
- Meeting Notice and Agenda – March 11, 2019
- Meeting Notice and Agenda - March 26, 2019 and April 1, 2019
- Response to ELTAC Recommendation – April 26, 2019
- Meeting Notice and Agenda - May 6, 2019
- Meeting Notice and Agenda - May 20, 2019
- Meeting Notice and Agenda - June 19, 2019
- Meeting Notice and Agenda below - August 12, 2019
- Response to ELTAC Recommendation from August 22nd Meeting - September 21, 2019
- Proficiency Testing – Members: Boele, Do, Kimbrough, Ghabour, Gossett
- Public Member: Marshall Chaffee – Formerly of Jones Environmental
- Fields of Testing – Members: Brodt, Cho, Eaton, Gossett, Kimbrough
- Former ELTAC Member: Neshvad
- Detection Limits for Reporting – Members: Eaton, Ghabour, Kimbrough
- Data Reporting – Members: Boele, Eaton, Ghabour
- Method Detection Limits – Members: Cho, Do, Ghabour, Kimbrough
- Pyrethroids Method Development – Members: Anderson, Cho, Godfrey, Gossett, Kimbrough
- DDW Perchlorate Workgroup – Members: Eaton, Ghabour, Kimbrough
- Laboratory Accreditation Standard
Field of Testing Lists
- ELTAC Report (6/15/16)
ELAP Requests Comments on Proposed Changes to Structure of Fields of Testing Worksheets (1/10/17)
ELAP is requesting comments regarding proposed changes to the structure of ELAP's Field of Testing (FOT) worksheets.
The Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) is recommending a structural change whereby ELAP's FOT worksheets are arranged by analyte (as opposed to the current version where FOT's are arranged by method). View the draft FOT 101: Microbiology of Drinking Water for an example. ELAP is requesting general feedback on the proposed structure, as well as comments on overall ease of use and practicality.
Please submit comments to ELAPCA_Comments@waterboards.ca.gov and indicate "Proposed Changes to FOT Worksheet Structure" in the subject line.