Drinking Water Field Operations Branch District 19
Welcome to the Tehachapi District
The Tehachapi District (#19) of the Division of Drinking Water regulates over 200 public water systems in Kern County. Tehachapi District's water systems are located south of Bakersfield, in and around the Mojave Desert, and in the foothill areas of Coast Ranges and eastern Sierra Nevada.
The Visalia District (#12) also shares regulatory jurisdiction in Kern County. It regulates several public water systems on the valley floor including and north of City of Bakersfield.
Click on image below to enlarge:
The Tehachapi District office works with public water systems on a variety of drinking water related issues such as water supply permits, chemical and bacteriological water quality, sanitary surveys, water treatment plants, technical assistance, regulatory enforcement, and more. Tehachapi District also works with the Division of Financial Assistance to help public water systems with funding, consolidation, and technical assistance.
Jaswinder (Jesse) S. Dhaliwal is the District Engineer for Tehachapi district and he leads a team of five Staff Engineers and two Student Assistants. Our office address is:
4925 Commerce Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Important Dates and Reminders
- Electronic Annual Report (eAR) is due by May 15th unless otherwise specified by the State Water Board.
- Consumer Confidence Report due by July 1st
- Consumer Confidence Report Certification (CCRC) is due by October 1st.
- Annual Nitrate (as N) due by December 31st (Sampling frequency may vary)
- Lead and Copper Tap Sampling
- Annual or Triennial Sampling is conducted June 1st through September 30th
- (Contact Us for your specific sampling schedule)
- Quarterly Compliance Order Requirements due by April 10th, July 10th, October 10th, and January 10th
News and Announcements
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Engineering Staff are predominately teleworking and may not be available for immediate contact.
For more information, news, and announcements, please see the Drinking Water Programs (DWP) link below.
The best way to reach staff is by email. For important matters regarding your water system, please cc Jesse Dhaliwal.
- NEW! The Revised Total Coliform Rule is here! Click here for more information