Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
Welcome to the Water Boards' Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) webpage
This webpage provides a general background on PFAS, information on where PFAS data is being collected across the state, announcements for current Water Board events, links to past Water Board events, and links to other state entities implementing efforts on PFAS.
The Water Boards' PFAS Team is a group of technical and support staff within the State Water Board Divisions of Drinking Water and Water Quality, and the Regional Water Quality Control Boards. A primary objective of the Team is to provide information and data that is easily accessible and understandable.
This webpage provides a central point where information is communicated to the public regarding PFAS investigative actions conducted, and the results from those actions.
PFAS Information & Resources
Subscribe to our Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "Water Quality" section.
- Phase 1 - POTW Study Sampling and Analysis Plan for Bay Area POTWs
- Approval to Extend PFAS Order Deadlines for 32 POTWs
- Public Water System and Investigative Order Analytical Results available on the GeoTracker PFAS Mapping Tool
- November 5, 2020: Frequently Asked Questions for PFAS POTW Orders
- September 2020: PFAS Sampling Guide
- Target Analytical Reporting Limits for PFAS compliance with DoD Table B-15 of QSM, Version 5.1 or later (updated 10/14/20)
- Laboratories Accredited by ELAP (Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program)
2020 PFAS Datathon
2019 PFAS Technical Seminar
December 4-5, 2019
For questions, please send an email to PFAS@waterboards.ca.gov; please put "PFAS Seminar" in the subject line.
- October 7, 2020 PFAS Informational Item
- December 16, 2019: Chrome Plating Presentation (Video Recording)
- April 5, 2019: Public presentation: "Overview of In Situ and Ex Situ Technologies in Development for the Treatment of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances"
- Video Recording (Video date: April 5, 2019)
- April 3, 2019: PFAS Monitoring Orders-Public Water System Informational Webinar
- March 6, 2019 PFAS Informational Item