WATER RIGHTS FEES
- Annual Water Rights Billing is Underway, and Fees are Due. The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) mailed bills to all water rights holders on November 5, 2019 and payment is due by December 5, 2019. Bills can be paid online at: https://services.cdtfa.ca.gov/boe/login.jsp. (Note you will need the Express Login Code and the Account Number from your bill.) Fees can also be mailed directly to CDTFA. For more information refer to the frequently asked questions.
- On October 28, 2019, the Office of Administrative Law issued a Notice of Approval of Emergency Regulatory Action that approved the State Water Board's emergency regulatory action to revise the fees for water rights for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
- The State Water Board has scheduled fee stakeholder meetings for water rights fees. The meeting schedule is available here: FY 2019-20 Water Quality and Water Rights Fees Stakeholder Meetings
- Water Right Registration Fee Payment Change
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Water Right Fee Litigation Update 2013
- Fees Archives
- Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Fee Development
- On November 1, 2018, the Office of Administrative Law approved the emergency regulations.
- Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Fee Development
- The State Water Board is currently conducting stakeholder outreach to solicit input regarding updates to water rights fees for Fiscal Year 2019-2020. The State Water Board has scheduled fee stakeholder meetings for water rights fees. The meeting schedule is available here: FY 2019-20 Water Quality and Water Rights Fees Stakeholder Meetings. For more information, please visit the State Water Board's Fees Stakeholder Information page.