WATER RIGHTS FEES
- Annual Water Rights billing is underway and fees are due. The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) mailed bills to water right holders on November 15, 2021 and payment is due by December 15, 2021. Do not send payments to the State Water Board. Fees must be paid to CDTFA https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/services/#Make-a-Payment or via check or money order mailed to:
- If you are having difficulty paying your invoice due to the COVID-19 emergency, please visit the State of Emergency Tax Relief page
California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
PO Box 942879
Sacramento CA 94279-7072
- Water Right Registration Fee Payment Change
- Drought and Fee Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Water Right Fee Litigation Update 2013
- Fees Archives
- Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Fee Development
- On November 1, 2018, the Office of Administrative Law approved the emergency regulations.
- Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Fee Development
- The State Water Board is currently conducting stakeholder outreach to solicit input regarding updates to water rights fees for Fiscal Year 2019-2020. The State Water Board has scheduled fee stakeholder meetings for water rights fees. The meeting schedule is available here: FY 2019-20 Water Quality and Water Rights Fees Stakeholder Meetings. For more information, please visit the State Water Board's Fees Stakeholder Information page.