Water Rights Information

If you are interested in a specific water right, please use the online eWRIMS database. Within eWRIMS, you may search for and view information regarding water right records using various search criteria.

If you require additional information that is not available in eWRIMS, below are three options you may consider:

  1. Contact a consultant or attorney to conduct the research for you. For your convenience, we have listed the contact information for some consultants and attorneys.
  2. Contact our Records Unit to request that a copy of any of our files be sent to you at your cost.
  3. Contact our Records Unit to schedule an appointment to review water right records in our records room.
  4. When scheduling an appointment, please provide the date, time, and type of records you are interested in viewing to allow time for Records staff to retrieve the appropriate records associated with your request. In addition, providing this information in advance will assist the Records Unit with coordinating your visit with building security.

    Our Records Unit can be reached by phone at (916) 341-5300 or by e-mail at dwr@waterboards.ca.gov.

If you have general questions, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page.

If your question is not answered and does not require additional research, please contact us.

Provided below are some websites that may contain information that you find useful: