On August 26, 2015, the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) and U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (collectively petitioners) submitted a joint petition for change in water right permit conditions (Petition) to the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) for the State Water Project and Central Valley Project to add points of diversion of water on the Sacramento River associated with the California WaterFix Project ( WaterFix). On September 24, 2015, DWR submitted an application for water quality certification under section 401 of the Clean Water Act (401 Application) to the State Water Board for WaterFix. On October 30, 2015, the State Water Board issued a combined public notice for the Petition and an evidentiary hearing on the Petition and a separate public notice for the 401 Application. The Notice of Public Hearing was subsequently revised to accommodate changes in the hearing schedule.The State Water Board held a water right hearing on the WaterFix Petition from July 2016 to October 2018. On May 2, 2019, Petitioners withdrew their WaterFix Petition, which ended the WaterFix hearing..
- State Water Board California WaterFix Updates
- California WaterFix Fact Sheet (Updated May 2018)
- Water Right Change - Information regarding the California WaterFix water right change petition and hearing.
- Water Quality Certification - Information regarding the California WaterFix water quality certification application.
CalEPA Live Webcasts
- Watch archived videos of the California WaterFix Hearing on the State Water Board’s Videos page.
Subscribe to the "California WaterFix" email list to receive notifications and the latest updates (appears under the "Water Rights" title bar).