Worksheets and Datasheets
- Supporting DFW-ABL Worksheets and Datasheets -
The following documents are used by DFW-ABL in their BMI processing and identification procedures, and for their specific data entry requirements. Those documents labeled "ABL" are not for use by non-ABL laboratories. Other documents may serve as examples for non-ABL laboratories and may be used or modified by other laboratories as needed. None of these documents are required for non-ABL laboratories performing SWAMP BMI work except for the Corrective Action Process Document.
Form for Sample Log-In Procedures
Forms for Subsampling and Sorting Procedures
Forms for Taxonomic Identification and Internal QC Procedures
Standard Operating Procedures
- ABL Digital Reference Collection
- Bugs to Go “California Digital Reference Collection of Freshwater Benthic Macroinvertebrate Families (PDF)
- SAFIT Standard Taxonomic Effort - Southwest Association of Freshwater Invertebrate Taxonomists
- Diatoms of the Southern California Bight Identification Tool - An online tool that utilizes SWAMP data collected from southern California streams. Hosted by the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Soft-Bodied Stream Algae of California Identification Tool - An online tool that utilizes SWAMP data collected from over 1,500 streams throughout California. Hosted by the University of Colorado, Boulder.
- Discovery of the rare freshwater brown alga Pleurocladia lacustris (Ectocarpales, Phaeophyceae) in California streams
(Western North American Naturalist, July 2013)
- Identity and phylogenetic placement of Spirogyra species (Zygnematophyceae, Charophyta) from California streams and elsewhere
(Journal of Phycology, June 2013)
- A novel quantification method for stream-inhabiting, non-diatom benthic algae, and its application in bioassessment - Abstract on Google Scholar (March 2012)
- Systematics of the genus Zygnema (Zygnematophyceae, Charophyta) from Californian watersheds
(Journal of Phycology, April 2012)