State Water Board - Measurement Regulation
OFFICE OF ADMINISTRATIVE LAW REVIEW
On January 19, 2016, the State Water Board approved a Resolution to adopt an Emergency Regulation for Measuring and Reporting Water Diversions. On March 10, 2016, the State Water Board submitted the proposed regulation to the Office of Administrative Law (OAL) for review. The OAL approved this regulatory action on March 21, 2016.
- OAL Notice of Approval of Emergency Regulatory Action
- Emergency Regulation on Measuring and Reporting Requirements for Water Diverters
Additional information on the emergency regulation adoption process is available on the following webpage: http://www.oal.ca.gov/Emergency_Regulation_Process.htm
The OAL webpage for additional information on the proposed Emergency Regulations is: http://www.oal.ca.gov/Emergency_Regulations_Under_Review.htm.
The full regulation package that was submitted to OAL is provided below.
- March 2, 2016 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Form 400 with a copy of adopted regulatory text with reference and authorities
- Form 399 and fiscal analysis
- Adopted Regulation and Informational Materials (digest), dated March 1, 2016
Appendices - Measurement and Reporting of Water Diversion Emergency Regulation Digest
- Fiscal impact analysis for the regulation
- Senate Bill 88
- Meeting notes from stakeholder meeting held on October 6, 2015.
- October 26, 2015, notice letter mailed out to approximately 7500 diverters affected by the proposed measurement requirements.
- Agenda for the public meetings held in Los Angeles, Redding, Sacramento, Stockton, and Santa Rosa.
- Public meeting handout of concepts being considered for a draft regulation.
- Public meeting presentation slides.
- Summary of comments received at the public meetings.
- Public handout on financial assistance options for measuring
- Written comments received on the concepts prior to December 7, 2015
- Draft regulation dated December 7, 2015.
- Comments received on the December 7, 2015 version of the draft regulation.
- Presentation made at the Board workshop on December 17, 2015.
- List of people making oral comments on the regulation at the Board workshop on December 17, 2015.
- Draft regulation dated January 8, 2016
- List of people making oral comments on the regulation at the Board meeting on January 19, 2016.
- Summary of Additional Public Comments
- Measurement and Reporting Requirements in Other Western States