Annual Water Diversion and Use Reporting Help
Important Dates for 2020
- January 1, 2020 – Annual Water Diversion and Use Reports for the 2019 reporting year are available on the Report Management System.
- February 2020 – The Division of Water Rights mails reminder notices with user IDs and passwords to primary owners and agents.
- April 1, 2020 – Reporting deadline for Appropriative Rights, Stockpond Certificates, and Registrations
- July 1, 2020 – Reporting deadline for Groundwater Recordation and Statements of Water Diversion and Use
Filing your Annual Water Use Report
View your water right record on eWRIMS to review the terms and conditions of your water right.
Information you should gather before filling out your report online:
- Use of water Information
- Types of beneficial uses
- Crop information for irrigation use, including area irrigated
- Monthly water diversion amounts for the following:
- Amount directly diverted
- Amount diverted to storage
- Amount used
- Monthly Maximum Rate of Diversion (if available)
- Water Transfer Information
- Water Supply Contract Information
- Measurement Device Information (for diversions > 10 acre-feet annually)
- View the measurement page for more details
- Reservoir Information (if your water right includes storage)
- Name of reservoir
- Spillway Information
- Water Levels
- Water Conservation Information
- Water Quality and Wastewater Reclamation
- Conjunctive Use of Groundwater and Surface Water
Subscribe to our Water Rights Reporting Notification email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- Email: RMS@waterboards.ca.gov
- Phone: (916) 341-5431