Annual Water Diversion and Use Reporting Help
Information regarding the Online Reporting Deadline for 2020
We recognize these are uncertain times and want to respond to inquiries regarding the upcoming 2019 water use reporting deadlines (April 1 and July 1). The upcoming 2019 water use reporting deadlines remain in effect and will not be extended. Water rights holders are required to submit their 2019 water use information electronically through the Report Management System, which is available online at: https://rms.waterboards.ca.gov/. State Water Board staff remain committed to assist water right holders with any questions and are available via email (email@example.com) and phone (916.341.5431). Staff typically respond within 24 hours to such inquiries, with longer response times during periods of high call volume. The State Water Board exercises enforcement discretion in pursuing enforcement of its requirements and considers relevant factors in deciding when to pursue enforcement and what remedies are appropriate. All water rights holders are encouraged to file their water use reporting information by the deadline to the full extent possible. In this instance, we do not anticipate enforcing on reports that are due April 1, 2020 if they are filed by May 1, 2020.
Take care and stay safe,
Water Rights Staff
Important Dates for 2020
- January 1, 2020 – Annual Water Diversion and Use Reports for the 2019 reporting year are available on the Report Management System.
- February 2020 – The Division of Water Rights mails reminder notices with user IDs and passwords to primary owners and agents.
- April 1, 2020 – Reporting deadline for Appropriative Rights, Stockpond Certificates, and Registrations
- July 1, 2020 – Reporting deadline for Groundwater Recordation and Statements of Water Diversion and Use
Filing your Annual Water Use Report
View your water right record on eWRIMS to review the terms and conditions of your water right.
Information you should gather before filling out your report online:
- Use of water Information
- Types of beneficial uses
- Crop information for irrigation use, including area irrigated
- Monthly water diversion amounts for the following:
- Amount directly diverted
- Amount diverted to storage
- Amount used
- Monthly Maximum Rate of Diversion (if available)
- Water Transfer Information
- Water Supply Contract Information
- Measurement Device Information (for diversions > 10 acre-feet annually)
- View the measurement page for more details
- Reservoir Information (if your water right includes storage)
- Name of reservoir
- Spillway Information
- Water Levels
- Water Conservation Information
- Water Quality and Wastewater Reclamation
- Conjunctive Use of Groundwater and Surface Water
Subscribe to our Water Rights Reporting Notification email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- Email: RMS@waterboards.ca.gov
- Phone: (916) 341-5431