Annual Water Diversion and Use Reporting Help
The Division of Water Rights is making improvements to the Report Management System to make it easier for you to report your annual water use if your water right is less than 10 acre-feet of water annually. The 2020 Annual Water Use Reports will be available on February 1, 2021. If you need to file a report for 2019 or prior, you can still file these reports at any time.
Important Dates for 2021
February 1, 2021 – Annual Water Diversion and Use Reports for the 2020 reporting year are available on the Report Management System. Please note that this date is later than our usual January 1 release date. We are excited to announce system improvements that will make reporting easier for many of the Water Rights holders in the state. See below for more information about these changes.
- February 2021 – The Division of Water Rights mails reminder notices with user IDs and passwords to primary owners and agents.
- April 1, 2021 – Reporting deadline for Appropriative Rights, Stockpond Certificates, and Registrations
- July 1, 2021 – Reporting deadline for Groundwater Recordation and Statements of Water Diversion and Use
What’s New for 2021
- Simplified Reporting for most diverters with water rights authorized for 10 acre-feet
- Toggle views between units of measure for acre-feet and gallons.
- Improvements and clarifications for reporting water conservation, reclaimed water, and groundwater use credits.
Filing your Annual Water Use Report
View your water right record on eWRIMS to review the terms and conditions of your water right.
Information you should gather before filling out your report online:
- Use of water Information
- Types of beneficial uses
- Crop information for irrigation use, including area irrigated
- Monthly water diversion amounts for the following:
- Amount directly diverted
- Amount diverted to storage
- Amount used
- Monthly Maximum Rate of Diversion (if available)
- Water Transfer Information
- Water Supply Contract Information
- Measurement Device Information (for diversions > 10 acre-feet annually)
- View the measurement page for more details
- Reservoir Information (if your water right includes storage)
- Name of reservoir
- Spillway Information
- Water Levels
- Water Conservation Information
- Water Quality and Wastewater Reclamation
- Conjunctive Use of Groundwater and Surface Water
Subscribe to our Water Rights Reporting Notification email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- Email: RMS@waterboards.ca.gov
- Phone: (916) 341-5431