Consumer Confidence Reports (CCRs)
Note: Certification that you completed your 2017 CCR and provided it to consumers must be submitted to the Division of Drinking Water (DDW) District Office (PDF) or Local Primacy Agency (LPA) that regulates your water system by October 1, 2018.
The preparation of CCRs is required by Health & Safety Code §116470. It also - in subsection (b) - requires public water systems with more than 10,000 service connections that detect contaminants above their public health goals (PHGs) to provide PHG exceedance reports every three years and to hold public hearings regarding their reports.
CCR Preparation Documents
Note: Electronic delivery of the 2017 CCR is allowed - see below.
Listed below are documents that will be helpful to water systems in the preparation of CCRs for 2017. Regulations that pertain to CCRs can be found in Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations §64480 et seq.
- CCR Guidance for Water Suppliers (Word, 2MB) - (updated on January 29, 2018)
- Translations for CCRs (Word)
- Reporting of Hexavalent Chromium Results (Word)
Small Water Systems - CCR Guidance and Templates
DDW provides guidance documents and templates to assist small water systems in California to complete their required CCRs. The files listed will assist small water systems in completing the required notification to small water system customers and water users:
- Template for the 2017 CCR (Word) — Your 2017 CCR must be completed and distributed to consumers by July 1, 2018 (updated on August 27, 2018).
- Instructions (Word) — The 2017 CCR should cover water quality data from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017 (updated on January 29, 2018).
- Attachments 1 - 6 (Word) — Language required for contaminants presented in the 2017 CCR.
- Attachment 7 - Certification Form (Word) — Certification that you completed your 2017 CCR and provided it to consumers must be submitted to the DDW District Office (PDF) or Local Primacy Agency (LPA) that regulates your water system by October 1, 2018.
Translations of CCR Templates
Translations of the CCR are provided below in Spanish and Hmong, for use by water systems. Regulations require all CCRs to specify where residents may obtain a Spanish translation or assistance in Spanish, as well as in other languages where non-English speaking groups exceed 1,000 residents or make up 10 percent of the residents in a community.
- Template for the 2017 CCR (Spanish translation) (Word) (pdated on August 27, 2018)
- Template for the 2017 CCR (Hmong translation) (Word) (updated on January 29, 2018)
Electronic delivery of the CCR is allowed. Guidance on delivery methods and examples are provided below.
- eCCR Guidance (Word)
- eCCR Delivery Method Examples (Word) - These examples are for 2012. Your eCCR for 2017 will need to be updated appropriately.
- Delivery Certification Form (Word)
- DDW Hosting Public Water Systems CCRs (Word)
Information for Customers
Readers interested in finding out more about the quality of their drinking water should refer to their water systems' annual CCRs.
Many CCRs for California water systems are available on the US EPA's web site.