Templates for Public Notification

The State of California's drinking water regulations require public notification under certain circumstances. Water systems must contact the Division of Drinking Water's (DDW's) district office if public notification is required. Any notification must be approved by DDW prior to distribution or posting, unless otherwise directed by DDW.

  DDW District Office Map

The following templates can be used by public water systems to prepare notices for their customers and consumers.

Unsafe Water Notice Guidance

Boil Water Notices

Do Not Drink/Use Notices

Specific Tier 1 Notices

PFAS Response Level Exceedance Notices

Tier 1 Problem Corrected Notice

Specific Tier 2 Notices

Specific Tier 3 Notice

Secondary MCL Exceedance Notices

Links and Drinking Water Contact Information