Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP)
MISSION: To implement a sustainable accreditation program that ensures laboratories generate environmental and public health data of known, consistent, and documented quality to meet stakeholder needs.
VISION: Through effective program implementation and continuous improvement of ELAP, California will produce the highest quality scientific data as a foundation for its environmental and public health programs and decisions.
- NEW! TNI Training Assessments Begin Soon
- REVISED California Water Systems To Provide Lead Testing For Schools (10/12/17)
- NEW! CWEA Offers 2016 TNI Standard Training Opportunity (10/11/17)
- REVISED Clarification on Procedures in SM9221E and SM9221F (10/10/17)
- 2017 Methods Update Rule (MUR) Information (9/27/17)
- TNI Standard Workshops (09/12/17)
- ELAP Preliminary Draft Regulations Text Released (7/24/17)
- ELAP Update – Be In The Know! (06/30/17)
- Proficiency Testing Deadlines
- Developing a Proficiency Testing Plan for Your Laboratory
- Approved Proficiency Testing Providers
- California Code of Regulations, Division 4, Chapter 19, Article 5, Section 64809: Performance Evaluation Testing
- Contact the Proficiency Testing Unit at email@example.com
The Environmental Laboratory Technical Advisory Committee (ELTAC) was established to assist ELAP in technical matters that impact
the laboratory community. The committee is composed of approximately fifteen representatives from the laboratory community and
data users to speak on behalf of interested parties and certified laboratories.
- ELTAC Mission Statement
- ELTAC By-Laws
Subscribe to our ELAP email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
- ELAP General Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use this email address to submit your application and for questions regarding application procedures and statuses.
- Proficiency Testing Questions: email@example.com
For questions regarding Proficiency Testing requirements, email our PT Unit directly.
- Technical Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain technical guidance regarding method and laboratory procedures, email our technical inbox. This inbox is also used to submit Change of Personnel requests
This inbox is used when ELAP has requested comments on program reforms, proposals, and regulations development. You may also submit comments outside of those times on any topics.