Water Conservation Portal
Our changing climate requires Californians to move beyond temporary emergency drought measures and adopt permanent changes to use water more wisely and prepare for more frequent and persistent periods of limited water supply. Conservation and efficiency also reduce the energy needed to pump, transport, treat and deliver water. Your small changes make a big impact. Only by working together can we improve and sustain the state’s water future for generations to come.
Visit the web links below. Learn about conservation programs and activities. Be water wise.
- AB 1668 and SB 606 Conservation Legislation Stakeholder Listening Sessions (Sept 5 in Sacramento, Sept 7 in Los Angeles, and Sept 11 in Fresno). California Department of Water Resources (DWR), with input from the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB), has prepared a summary of the newly chaptered, long-term water conservation legislation, AB 1668 and SB 606 for public comment. Making Water Conservation a California Way of Life: Primer of 2018 Legislation of Water Conservation and Drought Planning
- Water Efficiency Legislation Will Soften Impacts of Future Droughts - Fact Sheet
- Governor Brown signed new water management planning legislation on May 31 (SB 606 and AB 1668). The legislation establishes guidelines for efficient water use, and a framework for the implementation and oversight of the new standards.
- Conservation reports (updated monthly)
- Public stakeholder workgroup meetings are being conducted during 2018 for informing the development of water loss performance standards (Senate Bill 555).
Subscribe to our Water Conservation Regulations email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "General Interest" section.
For additional information or questions, please contact one of the representatives listed below. Email is preferred. Please be specific regarding your request, whether it is an interview request, speaker request, or question. Thank you.
- George Kostyrko, Director, Office of Public Affairs,(916) 341-7365, George.Kostyrko@waterboards.ca.gov
- Timothy M. Moran, Public Information Officer, (916) 327-8239, Timothy.Moran@waterboards.ca.gov
- Max Gomberg, Manager, (916) 322-3052, Max.Gomberg@waterboards.ca.gov
- Affordability and Low-Income Rate Assistance
- Mary Yang, (916) 322-6507, Mary.Yang@waterboards.ca.gov
- Conservation Regulations and Reporting
- Monthly Water Conservation Data
- Jelena Hartman, (916) 319-8561, Jelena.Hartman@waterboards.ca.gov
- Water Loss Control and Distribution Leaks
- Kartiki Naik, (916) 319-9468, Kartiki.Naik@Waterboards.ca.gov