Water Conservation Portal
Our changing climate requires Californians to move beyond temporary emergency drought measures and adopt permanent changes to use water more wisely and prepare for more frequent and persistent periods of limited water supply. Conservation and efficiency also reduce the energy needed to pump, transport, treat and deliver water. Your small changes make a big impact. Only by working together can we improve and sustain the state’s water future for generations to come.
Visit the web links below. Learn about conservation programs and activities. Be water wise.
- Dry weather prompts restrictions for some junior water right holders on the Scott River (June 19, 2020)
- Rulemaking on Urban Water Supplier Monthly Water Conservation Reports – (Public comment period: November 15 through Monday, December 30)
- DWR and State Water Board Release Primer on 2018 Water Conservation and Drought Planning Legislation (November 2018)
- Water Efficiency Legislation Will Soften Impacts of Future Droughts - Fact Sheet
- Conservation reports (updated monthly)
- Public stakeholder workgroup meetings are being conducted during 2018 and 2019 for informing the development of water loss performance standards (Senate Bill 555).
Subscribe to our Water Conservation Regulations email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "General Interest" section.
For additional information or questions, please contact one of the representatives listed below. Email is preferred. Please be specific regarding your request, whether it is an interview request, speaker request, or question. Thank you.
- Edward Ortiz, Office of Public Affairs,(916) 327-8239, Edward.Ortiz@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Max Gomberg, Manager, (916) 322-3052, Max.Gomberg@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Affordability and Low-Income Rate Assistance
- Mary Yang, (916) 322-6507, Mary.Yang@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Conservation and Efficiency
- Monthly Water Conservation Data
- Marielle Pinheiro, (916) 327-0436, Marielle.Pinheiro@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Water Loss Control and Distribution Leaks
- Bethany Robinson, (510) 620-6285, Bethany.Robinson@Waterboards.ca.gov