Index of Water Conservation Regulations
- Rulemaking to implement 2018 Water Efficiency Legislation
- Rulemaking on Urban Water Supplier Monthly Water Conservation Reports – (Webinar: September 22, 2020; Effective Date: October 1, 2020)
- Rulemaking on Water Loss Control – (Started 2018, currently pre-formal rulemaking phase)
- Rulemaking on Waste and Unreasonable Water Uses – (Started 2017, In-progress)
Emergency Drought Regulations
Date provided is the initial effective date. Emergency regulations are in place for a limited period of time (e.g., 270 days).
- Extended Conservation Regulation Rulemaking – February 27, 2017 (partially repealed)
- Extended Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – May 31, 2016
- Extended Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – February 11, 2016
- Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – May 18, 2015 (also see Archives)
- Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – March 27, 2015
- Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – July 29, 2014
Office of Administrative Law https://oal.ca.gov/ - oversees rulemaking process
Subscribe to our Water Conservation Regulations email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "General Interest" section.
For additional information or questions, please contact one of the representatives listed below. Email is preferred. Please be specific regarding your request, whether it is an interview request, speaker request, or question. Thank you.
- Edward Ortiz, Office of Public Affairs,(916) 327-8239, Edward.Ortiz@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Max Gomberg, Manager, (916) 322-3052, Max.Gomberg@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Affordability and Low-Income Rate Assistance
- Mary Yang, (916) 322-6507, Mary.Yang@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Conservation and Efficiency
- Monthly Water Conservation Data
- Marielle Pinheiro, (916) 327-0436, Marielle.Pinheiro@Waterboards.ca.gov
- Water Loss Control and Distribution Leaks
- Bethany Robinson, (510) 620-6285, Bethany.Robinson@Waterboards.ca.gov