Index of Water Conservation Regulations
Emergency Drought Regulations
Date provided is the initial effective date. Emergency regulations are in place for a limited period of time (e.g., 270 days).
- Extended Conservation Regulation Rulemaking – February 27, 2017 (partially repealed)
- Extended Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – May 31, 2016
- Extended Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – February 11, 2016
- Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – May 18, 2015 (also see Archives)
- Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – March 27, 2015
- Emergency Regulation Rulemaking – July 29, 2014
Office of Administrative Law https://oal.ca.gov/ - oversees rulemaking process
Subscribe to our Water Conservation Regulations email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "General Interest" section.
For additional information or questions, please contact one of the representatives listed below. Email is preferred. Please be specific regarding your request, whether it is an interview request, speaker request, or question. Thank you.
- George Kostyrko, Director, Office of Public Affairs,(916) 341-7365, George.Kostyrko@waterboards.ca.gov
- Timothy M. Moran, Public Information Officer, (916) 327-8239, Timothy.Moran@waterboards.ca.gov
- Max Gomberg, Manager, (916) 322-3052, Max.Gomberg@waterboards.ca.gov
- Affordability and Low-Income Rate Assistance
- Mary Yang, (916) 322-6507, Mary.Yang@waterboards.ca.gov
- Conservation Regulations and Reporting
- Monthly Water Conservation Data
- Jelena Hartman, (916) 319-8561, Jelena.Hartman@waterboards.ca.gov
- Water Loss Control and Distribution Leaks
- Kartiki Naik, (916) 319-9468, Kartiki.Naik@Waterboards.ca.gov
(Page last updated 3/21/18)
Water is a precious resource in California, and maintaining its quality is of utmost importance to safeguard the health of the public and the environment.