SWAMP - Special Studies
SWAMP's special studies are implemented to investigate water quality concerns not addressed by statewide or regional monitoring programs.
- Characterization of the rocky intertidal ecological communities associated with southern California Areas of Special Biological Significance - May 2012
- Assessing water quality in Marine Protected Areas from Southern California, USA - 2011
- Status of California’s Marine Water Quality Protected Areas - September 2010
- Water Boards' Performance Report 2011 - Are our Aquatic Ecosystems Healthy?
This section includes information about toxicity in some of our coastal areas.
- Watershed-scale Evaluation of Agricultural BMP Effectiveness in Protecting Critical Coastal Habitats - April 2010
- Pilot Study Areas of Special Biological Significance - Winter 2007-2008
- National Coastal Condition Report III (2008) (USEPA Link)
Constituents of Emerging Concern
- Constituents of Emerging Concern (CECs) in Aquatic Ecosystems
- Application of Passive Sampler in State and Regional Boards - White Paper
- California Inland Beaches Workgroup - California Water Quality Monitoring Council
- Co-occurrence of Pesticides and Aquatic Species, 2012; Breuer, R., D. Denton, W.M. Williams, C.G. Hoogeweg and M. Zhang. Prioritizing Research Needs for Threatened and Endangered Species in California Watersheds, Chapter 22; American Chemical Society (ACS) Symposium Series 1111
- Bacteria Monitoring Inventory of California's Freshwater Beaches - March 2008
- Screening California Surface Waters for Estrogenic Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EEDC) with a Juvenile Rainbow Trout Liver Vitellogenin mRNA Procedure - October 2006
- Assessment of the Condition of San Francisco Bay Area Depressional Wetlands - March 2017
- Assessment of the Condition of Southern California Depressional Wetlands - Application of Macroinvertebrate, Diatom and Overall Condition Indices for Assessing Southern California Depressional Wetlands (April 2016)
- The Status of Perennial Estuarine Wetlands in the State of California, Sept 2008 - Full Report
- California Wetlands Portal - On My Water Quality Website