Recently Adopted Drinking Water-Related Regulations
See all regulations and drinking water-related statutes in the Drinking Water Law Book
Listed below are recently adopted drinking water regulations:
Regulations effective in 2018
- SBDDW-16-02 Surface Water Augmentation (SWA) Regulations -- Effective October 1, 2018
Regulations effective in 2017
- SBDDW-17-001 1,2,3-Trichloropropane MCL -- Effective December 14, 2017
- Fees for Drinking Water Systems -- Effective April 10, 2017
Regulations effective in 2016
- Point of Use/Point of Entry Treatment Emergency Regulations (PDF) (SBDDW-16-01) -- effective April 1, 2016
Regulations effective in 2014
- Hexavalent Chromium Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) (DPH-11-005) -- effective July 1, 2014. Follow this link for more information about the status of the MCL.
- Groundwater Replenishment Using Recycled Water (DPH-14-003E) -- effective June 18, 2014.
Regulations effective in 2013
- Long Term 1 and 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rules (DPH-09-014) -- effective July 1, 2013.
Related to these regulations, please see the memorandum to all public water systems that use surface water or groundwater under the direct influence of surface water (PDF).
Regulations effective in 2012
- Disinfectant Residual, Disinfection Byproducts, and Disinfection Byproduct Precursors (DPH-09-004) -- effective June 21, 2012.
Regulations effective in 2011
- Point of Entry Treatment (DPH-10-011E) -- effective September 22, 2011. See Regulations effective in 2016, above.
- Ground Water Rule (DPH-09-007) -- effective August 18, 2011.
Regulations effective in 2010
- Point of Use Treatment (DPH-10-009E) -- effective December 21, 2010. See Regulations effective in 2016, above
Regulations effective in 2009
- Revision of Safe Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DPH-06-009) -- effective April 2, 2009. Safe Drinking Water Project Funding and its associated regulations have been repealed and replaced by the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) Policy Handbook. More information about DWSRF is available from the Division of Financial Assistance.
Regulations effective in 2008
- Revision of the Arsenic MCL (DPH-04-017) -- effective November 28, 2008.
- WaterWorks Standards (R-14-03) -- effective March 9, 2008.
- Interim Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (R-20-01) -- effective January 12, 2008.
Regulations effective in 2007
- Primary Maximum Contaminant Level for Perchlorate (R-16-04) -- effective October 18, 2007.
Regulations effective in 2006
- Secondary Maximum Contaminant Levels (R-21-03) -- effective September 27, 2006.
- Public Notification Requirements for Drinking Water Violations (R-59-01) -- effective September 1, 2006.
- Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts (R-62-00) -- effective June 17, 2006.
- Radionuclide Drinking Water Regulations (R-12-02) -- effective June 11, 2006.