Industrial General Permit 2014-0057-DWQ (EFFECTIVE July 1, 2015)
The Industrial General Permit (IGP) adopted April 1, 2014 became effective on July 1, 2015 and replaces the previous 1997 statewide permit for industrial storm water. The IGP requires electronic applications and reporting.
ORDER 2014-0057-DWQ - EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2015
- Complete Adopted Permit Package (Order, Factsheet, Attachments, Appendices)
- Attachment A Facilities Covered
- Attachment B Acronyms
- Attachment C Glossary
- Attachment D Permit Registration Documents (PRDs)
- Attachment E TMDL Implementation
- Attachment F Effluent Limitation Guidelines (ELGs)
- Part 411 - Cement Manufacturing
- Part 418 - Fertilizer Manufacturing
- Part 419 - Petroleum Refining
- Part 422 - Phosphate Manufacturing
- Part 423 - Steam Electric Power Generating
- Part 429 - Wetting of logs at wet deck storage areas
- Part 434 - Coal Mining
- Part 436 - Mineral Mining And Processing
- Part 440 - Ore Mining And Dressing
- Part 443 - Paving And Roofing Materials (Tars And Asphalt)
- Part 445 - Landfills
- Part 449 - Airport Deicing
- Attachment G Requirements for Dischargers Who Have Been Granted An Ocean Plan Exception for Discharges to Areas of Special Biological Significance (ASBS)
- Attachment H Storm Water Sample Collection and Handling Instructions
- Appendix 1 Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Checklist
- Appendix 2 No Exposure Certification (NEC) Conditional Exclusion Instructions
- Appendix 3 Waterbodies with Clean Water Act section 303(d) Listed Impairments
- Appendix 3 Waterbodies with Clean Water Act section 303(d) Listed Impairments - Excel Spreadsheet
The red text in the rows has been corrected to include all the cells in that row. For the purposes of appendix 3, if the text in a row is red, and no parameter is listed in the spreadsheet column labeled "parameter", then the potential monitoring for that impaired water body is only required if requested by the Regional Water Board.
Previous Notice of Opportunity for Public Comment and Notice of Public Hearing and Consideration of Adoption on the Proposed Amendment to General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated with Industrial Activities (Order 2014-0057-DWQ) Extending Deadline for Electronic Submittals of Permit Registration Documents.
The Adoption Hearing was August 4, 2015.
Comment Deadline was August 3, 2015 by 12 noon.
- Comments Received, August 3, 2015
- Public Notice for the Proposed Amendment
- Proposed Amendment
- Amendment Order 2014-0057 DWQ
- Proposed Amendment change sheet #1 (posted on 07/31/2015)
Amendment to Order 2014-0057-DWQ as amended by Order 2015-0122-DWQ
On November 6, 2018 the State Water Board amended the Industrial General Permit Order 2014-0057-DWQ as amended by Order 2015-0122-DWQ to incorporate the following requirements:
- Federal Sufficiently Sensitive Test Method Ruling;
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Implementation Requirements; and,
- Statewide Compliance Options incentivizing on-site or regional storm water capture and use.
The below unofficial draft document is available for use until the State Water Board clerk certifies the modified Industrial General Permit that contains the amendments adopted by the State Water Board on November 6.
Frequently Asked Questions about the 2018 Industrial General Permit amendments
Please see the historical documents webpage for additional documentation on the Industrial General Permit.