Industrial General Permit
Industrial General Permit Order 2014-0057-DWQ as Amended in 2015 and 2018
On November 6, 2018 the State Water Board amended the Industrial General Permit Order 2014-0057-DWQ as amended by Order 2015-0122-DWQ to incorporate the following requirements:
- Federal Sufficiently Sensitive Test Method Ruling;
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Implementation Requirements; and,
- Statewide Compliance Options incentivizing on-site or regional storm water capture and use.
The below unofficial draft document is available for use until the State Water Board clerk certifies the modified Industrial General Permit that contains the amendments adopted by the State Water Board on November 6. The unofficial draft document is implementable and available for use until the State Water Board assigns a new order number. The Board adoption of the amendments can be found in the November 6, 2018 Board meeting (5:38:13).
Industrial General Permit Order 2014-0057-DWQ
Industrial General Permit Order 2014-0057-DWQ is superseded by the Industrial General Permit Order 2014-0057-DWQ as amended in 2015 and 2018 as of July 1, 2020. Refer to the document above for current requirements. The documents posted below remain for historical purposes.
- Complete Adopted Permit Package (Order, Factsheet, Attachments, Appendices)
- Attachment A Facilities Covered
- Attachment B Acronyms
- Attachment C Glossary
- Attachment D Permit Registration Documents (PRDs)
- Attachment E TMDL Implementation
- Attachment F Effluent Limitation Guidelines (ELGs)
- Part 411 - Cement Manufacturing
- Part 418 - Fertilizer Manufacturing
- Part 419 - Petroleum Refining
- Part 422 - Phosphate Manufacturing
- Part 423 - Steam Electric Power Generating
- Part 429 - Wetting of logs at wet deck storage areas
- Part 434 - Coal Mining
- Part 436 - Mineral Mining And Processing
- Part 440 - Ore Mining And Dressing
- Part 443 - Paving And Roofing Materials (Tars And Asphalt)
- Part 445 - Landfills
- Part 449 - Airport Deicing
- Attachment G Requirements for Dischargers Who Have Been Granted An Ocean Plan Exception for Discharges to Areas of Special Biological Significance (ASBS)
- Attachment H Storm Water Sample Collection and Handling Instructions
- Appendix 1 Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) Checklist
- Appendix 2 No Exposure Certification (NEC) Conditional Exclusion Instructions
- Appendix 3 Waterbodies with Clean Water Act section 303(d) Listed Impairments
- Appendix 3 Waterbodies with Clean Water Act section 303(d) Listed Impairments - Excel Spreadsheet
The red text in the rows has been corrected to include all the cells in that row. For the purposes of appendix 3, if the text in a row is red, and no parameter is listed in the spreadsheet column labeled "parameter", then the potential monitoring for that impaired water body is only required if requested by the Regional Water Board.
Fact Sheet on the 2018 Industrial General Permit (OPA Fact Sheet)
Impaired Waterbody and Total Maximum Daily Load Map Tool
2018 Industrial General Permit Training – Video Recording
2018 Industrial General Permit Training – Presentation Slides
2018 Industrial General Permit Amendment – Historical Documents
Please see the historical documents webpage for additional documentation on the Industrial General Permit. If you cannot find a historical document, please contact the Stormwater Helpdesk at email@example.com for assistance.